1. Wilco ~Yankee Hotel Foxtrot (2002) – This has probably become my alltime favorite album. And to think it took me a while to warm up to it.
2. Luna ~ Romantica (2002) – I was hooked from the opening track, "Lovedust"
3. Morphine ~ The Night (2000) – I couldn't not include their fifth album, released after Mark Sandman's untimely death
4.Poe ~ Haunted (2000) – This meant more to me when I was angrier but I still enjoy it a lot
5. Wilco ~ A Ghost is Born (2004)
6. Rilo Kiley ~ The Execution of All Things (2002) – I've seen them live twice and stood in line for the restroom just behind Jenny Lewis. Highlight: "A Better Son/Daughter"
7. Springsteen ~ The Rising (2002) – This led me in to exploring his back catalogue
8. Hem ~ Rabbit Songs (2002) – I bought it mostly because of the title and ended up actually liking it. Quiet and folky, Sally Ellyson's voice is like a lullaby. Favorite songs: "When I Was Drinking", "Half Acre"
9. Dawn Landes ~ dawn's music (2002) – She toured with Hem, performing at a local music bar. I regretted not getting her CD that night and ended up ordering it online later. "Kissing Song", "Suspicion" and "Traffic" are available for download at her site
10. Elliott Smith ~ Figure 8 (2002)
Apparently 2002 was a very good year for me, music wise. Runners up include Kid A, O, Elephant, Sea Change and Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. I notice my tastes haven't changed all that much since last I posted on that other thread indicating that I'm either loyal, very set in my ways, just haven't had much time to listen to new music lately or some combination of all three.
I can't be late I got a date